Suppose you are out on an outdated desktop where u cannot access WI-FI . Thus , it would be a problem for you to access internet urgently on your mobile . However , no longer , with the technique of Reverse Tethering using which internet can be accessed on Android using a USB cable . To begin with , lets become familiar with the term Reverse Tethering and then , a few simple steps to get through the technique…
Reverse Tethering is a simple technique to access internet on your Android smartphone using a USB cable . It may be useful in case when your smartphone doesn’t have a mobile data plan or in case of establishing a more secure connection than any other WI-FI systems.
Steps to perform Reverse Tethering :-
* Enable USB debugging on your Android phone by going into Settings>Application>Development>USB Debugging .
* Make sure that your device is rooted to the computer .
* Install USB Tunnel on your Android phone which can be downloaded from the android market (Google Play) .
* Install the host on your computer which would help you in accessing the technique (for eg. Android reverse tethering 3.0)
* Double click the host to run it . A dialog box will appear .
* Under ‘select a device’, you’ll probably see one listing only, which is your Android device. If there are more, you need to go the trial and error way .
* Now click on ‘Connect” and you are on .
Enjoy Tethering now… 🙂